It doesn’t get much easier than this recipe! How could simply dredging the chicken in parmesan and sautéing make it taste this great? I guess you never really go wrong with parmesan!
In the future, I’d like to experiment with adding some Italian spices to the cheese. No doubt, basil, and oregano would be delish. Maybe even a hint of crushed red pepper.
The secret is to cut or pound out the chicken breasts so that they are no more than 1/2″ thick. The thinner it is, the faster it will cook. If your chicken is on the thicker side, you may need to cover your saute pan for a few minutes to get it up to temperature. Just be sure to finish it off uncovered, to get some of the moisture out.
This dish pairs nicely with spaghetti squash with marinara. The next day, leftovers work really well on an Italian salad or reheated in the oven topped with a bit of marinara for a healthy alternative to chicken parmesan.
Stupid-Easy, Super-Tasty Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Low Carb
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4oz each
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup dry grated parmesan cheese
- Pound out chicken breasts to ½″ thick (see tip below).
- Rinse and dry with paper towel.
- Dip into egg whites, allowing excess to drip off.
- Coat with parmesan.
- Heat medium-sized non-stick pan with olive oil to medium heat.
- Once hot add chicken breasts.
- Cook approximately 7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Notes: To pound out chicken you may place in a gallon size Ziplock bag.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast Calories: 205 Fat: 9 Saturated fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 1 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 481 Protein: 31 Cholesterol: 78
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.