I love recipes that makeover less nutritious dishes that taste BETTER than their previous version. In this dish, I use Angel Hair pasta with Clam Sauce. With experimentation, I have found that angel hair pasta is a great option as it offers more noodles per box to soak up the clam sauce deliciousness.
Most traditional recipes call for a bottle of clam sauce. That’s great but what about the clams? Here I swap out the clam juice with an additional can of clams. Because more clams are definitely better!
I haven’t been brave enough to try this dish with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles but I’d love to hear a report back if you try. Sometimes, it’s just worth eating the higher calorie option and choosing a smaller portion. That’s another benefit of Angel Hair pasta- it just feels like more!
Serve this dish with an Italian salad made with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, thinly-sliced carrots, black olives, and a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan. Enjoy!
Lightened Up Linguini with Clam Sauce
A lightened up version that is better than the original! You’ll love the taste and the leanness!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3, 6.5oz canned chopped clams
- 12oz box whole wheat angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Start to heat water to boil the angel hair pasta. Cook pasta to al dente as you proceed with the following instructions.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil and melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, basil, and black pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Drain the liquid from the canned clams into the saucepan. Heat to a simmer. Add clams to heat through.
- Mix clam sauce with pasta, plate, and serve, topped with parmesan.
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.
Leave a Reply