Pizza for breakfast! No, it’s not a college flashback, this is a healthy and tasty dish for any time of the day. Hot or cold, you’ll love it served aside fresh fruit or a salad.
We really enjoy Applegate products and use their Mini Turkey Pepperoni in this dish.
Having an oven proof pan makes this recipe very easy. However, if you do not have one, you may saute your veggies and then add your eggs to a 8″ or 9″ square glass baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You may need to cook a bit longer, as the dish will not be hot to start. Muffin tins are also an option for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
Here is a link to the pan I love. I use it at least once a day for stir-fries and sauteed veggies. Having a trusty pan is essential for a home cook.
Healthy Pepperoni Pizza Frittata
Recipe type: Breakfast, Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1oz Applegate turkey pepperoni, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh diced tomato, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In ovenproof saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute until tender.
- Add in basil, oregano, pepperoni, and tomatoes. Stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites. Pour into pan and top with mozzarella.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until the center is set.
To cook MUFFINS, add the sauteed veggie mixture from step 4 into the bottom of a 12-tin muffin pan. Whisk eggs and pour into muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes or until the center is set.
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.