Thanksgiving—the holiday you love and dread the most. Sure, you’re thankful for your blessings, grateful for your family, and looking forward to the feast.
But it’s that same feast which has you dreading the whole day.
Truthfully, it sometimes feels like your whole year of managing your weight comes down to this one day. And way too often, it also feels like you lose the gains you’ve made…for the whole year.
Every Thanksgiving, you face off with dinner, vowing to pass on the goodies and only eat it if it’s been steamed or broiled. But everything looks and smells so good that you forget your resolution before grace is even said.
Besides, how are you supposed to say no to the delicious, tempting food that Aunt Mabel keeps pushing on you?
Or maybe you give yourself a deliberate Thanksgiving pass ahead of time, intentionally throwing your diet out the window for the day. But by the time you push away from the dinner table, you’re stuffed so full of regret that you can’t even taste the pumpkin pie.
Yes, your Thanksgiving dread is real. Because you know you’ll end the day the way you usually do—beating yourself up for your food choices.
So you grit your teeth and plunge into the day, knowing that—no matter how wonderfully it starts—it’ll end with an internal battle of negativity and recriminations.
The thing is, you can enjoy this Thanksgiving without the internal drama over what’s on the dinner table. You can make it memorable for the fellowship with your family instead of for your angst over what goes into your mouth.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.Psalm 118:24 ESV
Enjoy your Thanksgiving this year using strategies that won’t leave you feeling deprived for what you passed on or sorry for what you didn’t.
In “Thanksgiving Dinner Tips You’ll Actually Want to Do!” we discuss:
- 3 tips to help you dig into your Thanksgiving dinner without regrets
- How to fellowship with your loved ones over the meal without depriving yourself
- Empowering reminders to help you enjoy your food AND your day
- 15 Tips from the Bible to Overcome Overeating
- Podcast episode: How to Stop Eating Too Much
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.