It’s Sunday night, which means only one thing. Tomorrow is Monday, and it’s day 1 of your no-sugar diet. Again.
You’ve tried the no-sugar diet before with less-than-successful results. Most of the time you barely make it through Tuesday. But you remember that one time you made it until Friday…when you were overcome with the urge to eat a chocolate chip cookie.
But now you’re ready to try again, again.
Sis, does this sound like the life God wants you to live?
The no-sugar diet has grown in popularity over the last few years, even in the Christian culture. Everywhere we look, health gurus are talking about sugar addiction, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial sweeteners.
It’s enough to make your head spin!
Surely God hates sugar, too. I mean, if sugar is bad for you, and if God hates it, then giving it up must be the right thing to do.
Maybe you’re secretly dying to ask your pastor, “What does the Bible say about sugar?” but you’re too embarrassed to do it. So instead, you endlessly Google Bible verses about sugar. But your searches and questions turn up exactly zero answers.
However, the Bible does say a few things about food.
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.Genesis 1:29 ESV
This makes you stop and think: If food is a gift from God, does He truly hate sugar? Does He instruct you never to eat it?
Well, like so many other things, God’s views about sugar and how much we should or shouldn’t eat are different from human views.
Let’s dive into the no-sugar diet and see exactly what God’s Word says. Spoiler alert, you might feel surprised and encouraged to know the Bible truth!
In “The No Sugar Diet: Is It Biblical?” we discuss:
- The truth about sugar addiction
- Exchanging guilt and shame for the fruit of self-control
- Where to find joy outside of food
- Get your Binge Proof Action Planner
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also love:
- Armor + Fruit Bible Study Bundle
- Season 2 Episode 19: The Paleo Diet: Is It Biblical?
- Season 2 Episode 15: I Need More Willpower!
- How to Eat Less Sugar in 5 Surprisingly Easy Steps
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Jumpstart
Thank you to our podcast sponsor, Classical Conversations, the Christ-centered curriculum we use in our home! You’re their first teacher—be their best teacher. Learn how to make homeschooling doable at classicalconversations.com/gracefilled.
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.