You open your eyes, stretch, and throw back your covers. You’re ready to start another day, but this isn’t just any other day.
Today is The Day.
It’s the day you’re going to start the day off right and make wise food choices all the way through.
You start with a nice, healthy breakfast—a boiled egg for protein and some fresh fruit. After feeding yourself such a good-for-you meal, you feel like you can take on the whole world. You can totally do this, you’re sure of it!
Meanwhile, you ignore the feeling in your gut that’s saying you’re not quite satisfied. And even as you pack a healthy lunch for later, your mind and stomach are ready to start a rebellion about what they know is coming—some tuna and lettuce with low-fat salad dressing.
But it’s the healthy choice…right?
Where Did My Willpower Go?
All through the morning you’re feeling a little hungry, but you’re so not looking forward to the bland lunch you know is waiting for you. Sure, you’re eating the right macros but the food just isn’t appealing.
Then, hallelujah, you’re saved!
Some friends invite you out to lunch and you jump in eagerly. Your taste buds—and your stomach—instantly wake up at the tantalizing thought of the cheeseburger, fries, and soda calling your name.
You only realize hours later that your vow to eat healthy all day didn’t even make it to lunchtime. So you go to bed and tell yourself—again—that tomorrow will be The Day. Tomorrow, you’ll make wise choices and eat healthy all day.
But even as you nod off to sleep, you can’t help but wonder what’s wrong with you.
Why don’t you have the willpower to stick to healthy food choices? Why can’t you make it even one full day eating the “right” foods?
Sis, I’m here to tell you that your willpower isn’t broken. You can make healthy food choices—you just might need to make some tweaks to help support your decision to eat healthy and well.
Let me walk you through what willpower is and isn’t, and how you really do have an inexhaustible supply in your Heavenly Father when you’re living (and eating!) to please Him.
In “I Need More Willpower!” we discuss:
- The science behind willpower (yes, it’s a real thing)
- How the Fruits of the Spirit can influence your eating
- Practical steps for making wise food choices in the future
- Get your Binge Proof Action Planner.
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list.
You may also love:
- How to End All-or-Nothing Eating Once and For All
- Season 1 Episode 24: What You NEED to Know About Diet Failure
- Season 2 Episode 12: Why Do We Eat in a Way Contradictory to Our Goals?
Get a Freebie:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Jumpstart
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.