If you’ve been around the dieting block a time or two—and who hasn’t?—you’ve probably realized weight loss has its ups and downs (no pun intended).
Sometimes you’re losing weight quickly. But at other times, the number on the scale barely moves down. Or worse, it doesn’t move at all!
When you make lifestyle changes that lead to weight loss, it’s exciting to see your hard work yield results.
So when you reach a stage where the scale doesn’t budge for weeks or even months, you can easily start to feel discouraged. Especially when you’re still following your food plan, exercising, and prioritizing your health.
Before you go off the rails and binge on a pint of ice cream, you need to know a few things.
First, weight loss plateaus happen. Hitting one doesn’t mean you’ve done something wrong, and it doesn’t mean your healthy choices aren’t making a difference.
Second, while hitting a weight loss plateau can feel discouraging, it’s not a sign you should give up. It’s also not a sign for you to abandon your current healthy habits and routines and make a beeline for a new, more extreme diet.
Can you lose weight faster? Maybe. But fast weight loss isn’t always the best answer.
Even if you’re feeling frustrated with your weight loss, or lack thereof, a plateau is your body’s way of sending you a message. And all you need to do is be patient and figure out exactly what the message is.
If you’re dealing with a weight loss plateau, or if weight loss isn’t happening as fast as you expected, then pull up a chair and tune in!
We’re digging deep into the parts of your weight loss journey that matter more than the number on the scale, like the state of your overall health.
We’re also discussing the reasons why you may be on a weight loss plateau and figure out the small, sustainable changes you can make to jumpstart your weight loss again.
In “Help, I Hit a Weight Loss Plateau! What Do I Do?!” we discuss:
- The real reason you’ve hit a weight loss plateau.
- How to process and use the positive changes you’ve made that don’t involve the scale.
- How rethinking your expectations can make all the difference in your weight loss plan.
- Prayer for Weight Loss Toolkit Freebie
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also love:
- Breaking Up with the Scale Workshop
- Season 1 Episode 27: 3 Ways Childlike Faith Can Help You Lose Weight
- Season 2 Episode 2: What about Weight Loss Shortcuts?
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Jumpstart
Thank you to our podcast sponsor, Classical Conversations, the Christ-centered curriculum we use in our home! You’re their first teacher—be their best teacher. Learn how to make homeschooling doable at classicalconversations.com/gracefilled.
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.