You’ve probably heard the claims about the paleo diet. Followers focus on eating lean meats, nuts, fruits and vegetables, and skip all grains and legumes. It’s very similar to low-carb or keto diets, except it allows more sugary fruits. And many who follow this diet plan say they experience a boost in health and energy, and even some weight loss.
The paleo diet is built on the principle that our caveman ancestors were much healthier than we are today. (Although how anyone knows that, I’m not sure.) Plus, our meat-eating predecessors are thought to have practiced fasting, which is often another pillar of the modern paleo diet.
The paleo diet has gained a lot of popularity over the last few years. In fact, you or someone you know may have even done this diet and lost weight or improved your health.
But when you’re ready to ditch diets for good and start following a grace-filled approach to health and food, you might wonder if the paleo diet is actually in the Bible.
While grain was a large part of a Biblical diet, we don’t technically see any mention of nuts in the Bible. We also don’t see a specific Bible command not to eat grain, whereas the paleo diet advises skipping it.
As you can see, a lot of parts of the paleo diet seem ambiguous when it comes to the Bible. So how should we as Christians approach this diet?
And if all this wasn’t enough, the paleo diet is based on evolutionary science, which is something Christians know to be false. But the great results some people say they get, though! How do you ignore that?
Let’s break down this popular diet and take a look at it from a Biblical perspective. We’ll see if a paleo diet fits into God’s plan for a healthy lifestyle, and if it honors Him.
In “The Paleo Diet: Is It Biblical?” we discuss:
- What the Bible does and doesn’t say about foods we should eat.
- How the Fruit of the Spirit applies to our eating plan.
- The Biblical concept of fasting and how to use it effectively for health.
- 10 Bible Verses About Self Control in Your Eating
- How to Find Food Freedom With Fasting (Made Easy)
- Get your 15 Tips from the Bible to Overcome Overeating
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also love:
- Healthy Habit Planner
- Season 1 Episode 42: What’s the Deal with Intermittent Fasting?
- Season 2 Episode 11: How Do I Determine if an Eating Plan is Suitable for Me?
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Jumpstart
Thank you to our podcast sponsor, Classical Conversations, the Christ-centered curriculum we use in our home! You’re their first teacher—be their best teacher. Learn how to make homeschooling doable at classicalconversations.com/gracefilled.
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.
Leave a Reply