Diet trends. They’re worse than fashion trends.
I finally made peace with the fact that skinny jeans were “in.” So I slowly purged my closet of all the styles I’d come to love. Only to find out that I should have kept my favorite bootcut Bongos.
But while fashion trends can be fun and frustrating, food trends do way more harm than good.
As you swear off yet another food and call it “bad,” you’re forced to add it to our ever-expanding list of foods that lead to guilt and shame.
But how can you ignore a food trend that’s found in the BIBLE?!
Intermittent fasting is a fairly recent food trend. It may stand out above the rest for you because it includes some practices that Jesus Himself did. And as a Jesus girl, you’re looking to yield your food choices to the Lord.
But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.Matthew 6:17-18 (ESV)
“Even Jesus talked about fasting,” you say. “So shouldn’t I jump on board?”
Not so fast, sis.
First, we need to wrap this diet trend in Truth and Grace. That way, you can find out what works for YOU.
In “What’s the Deal with Intermittent Fasting?” we discuss:
- What IS intermittent fasting anyway?
- What intermittent fasting looks like for a woman who’s had some issues with food.
- Exactly how to decide if intermittent fasting is right for you.
- 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Stop Overeating
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also enjoy:
- Episode 13: What is the Best Biblical Eating Plan?
- Episode 16: What is the BEST Godly Food Plan to Follow?
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Email Course
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.