You stand in front of the mirror, turning this way and that. As you shift to a new angle, your eyes run over your body critically, stuttering to a halt on that one problem area. Or all the problem areas.
Frustration and shame rush over you as you berate yourself. You’ve been chasing this weight loss goal for what feels like forever, and you still haven’t achieved it. You—the woman who can do anything she puts your mind to, who can keep all the plates in your life spinning without dropping one. You—who’s tried all the diets and the weight loss hacks. This same you just can’t get to this one goal: hit that number on the scale.
Why is this so hard? Why do you keep missing the mark? Surely your willpower is stronger than this. Surely you’re better than this.
Eventually, you sigh and turn away from the image in the mirror that’s definite proof of your failure. If only you could lose the weight and and finally get down to that elusive number. Then this problem would be solved, you’d have everything you want, and you’d finally be happy.
Except that’s not true or biblical. And the way to achieve that goal you’re after is to start on the inside.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.Romans 12:2 ESV
You see, you can keep beating yourself up, which is unnecessary and counterproductive, since all it does is make you feel terrible about yourself. Or you can confidently achieve and sustain the results you’re after the biblical way.
In “The Deets on Weight Loss Goals,” we discuss:
- Digging deep into the “why” of your desire to lose weight
- Why weight loss diets intensify your enslavement to food, instead of freeing you from it
- How to get to your weight loss goals the biblical way
- Prayer for Weight Loss Toolkit Freebie
- Podcast episode: You’re Changing TOO Much!
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Email Course
Listen and +follow on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.
Leave a Reply