Every time you start a diet, you get a new list. You know the one. The “List of Forbidden Foods.”
It’s always slightly different, but a few things are the same every time. No cookies, brownies, chips, pretzels, or ice cream.
“I can do this,” you think to yourself. “I can totally not eat any of the things I love so I can get my health under control and lose weight.”
But something happens over the next few days—or maybe even hours. You find yourself suddenly craving the foods from the forbidden list.
It may even be foods you never thought about before. But now, they’re all you think about!
The truth about diets is, they all restrict the foods you’re “allowed” to eat. And just like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, the thing you can’t have is the thing you want.
Of course, you eventually give in and eat the chips, or the cookie, or the ice cream. And with each one, you’re filled with instant regret.
But now that you’ve messed up, why stop? The rest of the day is shot, so you might as well indulge. Now that one bowl of ice cream becomes the whole carton. A few chips turn into half the bag.
You can start again tomorrow, you think. And so the vicious cycle begins again.
That’s the trouble with attempting to restrict foods. It’s hard to say no to your favorites forever. Often, restricting foods leads you to overindulge, which then plunges you back into an all-or-nothing eating mindset.
If you feel restricted about the foods you eat, and crave the things you know are “bad” for you, you’re not alone. There’s a solution and a simple plan you can follow to allow yourself to enjoy the foods you love—without guilt or shame.
Let me show you how to put an end to this all-or-nothing mindset and stop feeling restricted by food. Let me show you a better way to find freedom and live in peace with food!
In “How Do I Determine if an Eating Plan is Suitable for Me?” we discuss:
- Choosing foods that satisfy physically without triggering overeating.
- Being mindful about the foods you have in your home.
- Making small changes over time that lead to long-term results.
- 15 Tips from the Bible to Overcome Overeating Freebie
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also love:
- Chew the Word Scripture Study [Original]
- Season 1 Episode 8: How to Find Food Freedom in 3 Unexpected Ways
- Season 1 Episode 16: What is the BEST Godly Food Plan to Follow?
- Season 1 Episode 32: What is the BEST Diet for Me?
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Jumpstart
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.