There’s so much to love about the holiday season: family, fun, and festivities, to start. And yes, even the food!
For as much as you love Christmas, you don’t so much love the annual internal battle over your holiday eating habits.
Maybe you decide ahead of time to forgo all the really delicious but unhealthy foods. Which leaves you eyeing up everyone else’s plate with a little bit of envy that they get to eat whatever they want.
Or maybe you decide that Christmas dinner will be your one cheat meal for the holidays. But then—as you’re prepping and cooking throughout the day—you taste a little bit of this and a little bit of that. The next thing you know, you’re choking on regret over breaking your promise to yourself.
Or you go all out and try everything in your Christmas feast, stopping only when your stomach threatens to revolt.
Either way, before you know what’s happening, Christmas comes and goes again in a flurry of gift exchanges and angst over your holiday eating choices.
And so you find yourself wondering: is it even possible to enjoy the anticipated feast on your dining table without slipping into a food coma and missing the real Reason for the season?
The truth is, you don’t have to choose between appreciating this holiday of food…
On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined.Isaiah 25:6 ESV
…and celebrating Christ’s birth.
And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.Luke 2:10-11 ESV
Instead, enjoy Christ and your Christmas dinner this year with a few totally doable holiday eating tips.
In “How to Celebrate Christ (& Eat Christmas Cookies),” we discuss:
- 4 practical and unexpected holiday eating tips to help you enjoy your Christmas dinner without regret
- How to celebrate the season and enjoy the fellowship without sabotaging yourself
- Get a new perspective on how the real reason for the season can influence your heart and your holiday eating choices
- Get your Binge Proof Action Planner
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also enjoy:
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Email Course
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.