It happens every year. Your holiday eating gets a little out of control as the sugar runs through your veins. Then thoughts of starting fresh and not eating sweets after the New Year keep you running for just one more cookie. Even when you don’t want it.
Looking back, it’s no wonder you found it so hard to stop eating on December 31st. You wanted to get in all the good food before you put them on the naughty list. And with this outlook, who could blame you?
At the start of the new year, the old you—you know, you from last year—would try fixing her frustrations by making a New Year’s resolution. It would be something like no sugar, no carbs, and definitely nothing tasty.
But this year, you’re ready for something new, something better.
You’re ready to put the Lord first and approach food and eating from a healthful, sustainable, God-glorifying mindset.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.Matthew 6:33 ESV
This verse applies to everything in your life, including your eating habits.
Of course, you can resolve to start another diet and hope that your willpower and self-control won’t fail you this time. In which case, you’ll most likely abandon that diet almost as soon as you’ve started it.
Or you can ditch that diet mindset and approach your eating this year with the mind of Christ instead.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.Philippians 4:13 ESV
In “Before You Go on a New Year’s Diet, Listen to THIS!” we discuss:
- Why diets have left you high and dry.
- Why not going on another diet is the best thing you can do for your physical and spiritual health this year.
- What to do instead of starting a New Year’s diet.
- Prayer for Weight Loss Toolkit Freebie
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also love:
- Chew the Word Scripture Study
- Episode 14: The Deets on Weight Loss Goals
- Episode 21: 6 Reasons NOT to Use the Bible While Dieting
Get a FREEBIE:
Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Email Course
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.