What is Christian body image and why does it matter? These 10 blog posts will help you find hope and healing so that you can live out the calling God has on your life!
Isn’t it weird that it can feel more comfortable hating the way we look than embracing what God has given us? I cringe when I think of all the horrible things I said to myself and thought about others regarding the size and shape of our bodies (ouch… being honest hurts!).
In hindsight, I can see the lies hammered into my mind by this superficial world we live in. When you and I are told over and over again that how we look is what matters most, it’s not hard to believe it.
But, through Christ, we can heal the way we view ourselves. We can walk with grace and truth.
I am a living testament. Over the years I have fought my way to a better body image. It’s not that I think I am so fabulous now; it’s that I think of myself so much less; thus I am better equipped to serve others and live out my calling.
My prayer is the same for you.
10 Insanely Helpful Christian Body Image Posts
1. Your Worth Is Not Determined By Your Weight at So Very Blessed
Becky at So Very Blessed has lost 100 pounds and kept it off. In this post, she shares how she changed her mindset from measuring her value based on the number on the scale to finding her worth in Christ.
2. Core Strength: The Gospel and Body Image at Compared to Who?
In this post, Heather shares a unique perspective that will challenge (and possibly) change the way you see your body and your quest “great abs.” Be sure to check out Thin is Not a Destination too.
3. How to Banish Bad Body Thoughts at The Holy Mess
Sara from The Holy Mess has lost 100 pounds and kept it off. This post will cause you to stop and think about how you think (and speak) about your body.
4. The Struggle to be Skinny: what does God have to say about it? at Rock T.His
Dr. Amy Garza shares insight from her own story about finding peace with the scale. This post touches the heart of the matter.
5. How to Find Your Happy Weight at Dashing Dish
In this post, Katie shares her own journey to finding her happy weight by seeking God’s peace and surrender.
6. 10 Habits of Women With Healthy Body Image at Compared to Who?
Heather gives some incredibly practical advice that will transform the way you think (and then feel) about your body. Follow these action steps to see a real change in your Christian body image.
7. The Biblical Perspective on Body Image and Beauty at Clear Transparency
In this post, Hanna shares a Biblical outlook on our appearance and what really matters to God. You will also find five super practical tips to apply today.
8. 15 Body Positive Bible Verses by Marie Osborne
In this powerful post, Marie shares 15 Bible verses and 15 scriptural prayers to help you fight the battle for better body image powerfully!
9. Break Out of the Prison of Your Body Image at Charisma Magazine
This incredibly thorough post by Deborah Newman goes deep. This article will walk you through the lies we believe, why we believe them and what to do about it.
10. What to Do When You Just Want to Be Skinny at Grace Filled Plate
The desire to be thin may have more to do with your body image. In this post, I will share with you my personal experience of seeking “skinny.” It’s not all it’s cracked up to be– in fact, the desire to be thin is robbing you of more than you would willingly give up!
Renew Your Christian Body Image by Faith
I hope that you have found these 10 Christian body image posts helpful. Consider using them to renew your mind, over and over again. While your mental transformation won’t happen overnight, each little mindset shift is getting you closer and closer to peace in your body.
Here are a few steps to get you started:
- Pay attention to your self-talk. While there may be a ton of negativity happening in your mind, what is the most pervasive thought (lie) that you are believing. Write it down.
- Start meditating on Bible verses that speak TRUTH to that lie. For example, I struggle with believing that my worth is attached to my weight. To renew my mind, I search for verses that talk about my worth in Christ and God’s love for me.
- Pray for God to change your heart. Only God can mold the heart of a woman. While there is some footwork that we need to do in study, meditation, and prayer, the ball is in His court when it comes to heart change. Keep asking, keep knocking, and He will answer.
- Get your Choosing More Than “Skinny” Toolkit below and starting washing your mind with the truth of God’s Word!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.