Do you LOVE the zing cheese adds but don’t love the extra calories? Using imported or more traditionally prepared sources of cheese is a great way to get the most bang for your buck. These cheese tend to be more flavorful and a little goes a long way.
We have recently started to purchase feta cheese from our local produce stand and we are loving it. This particular brand is produced in the US but called “Greek Feta” and is make with both cow’s and sheep’s milk. The sheep’s milk gives it a stronger flavor which means a little goes a long way. And, unlike the grocery store brands, it’s creamy and melts really well.
This photo was taken before I let the heat from the zucchini melt the cheese and gave it a good stir.
Zucchini is a simple veggie that is a blank canvas that takes to all kinds of dressing up. This recipe connects zucchini with its Greek side!
Zucchini with Tomatoes & Feta Cheese
A zucchini dish that will keep you coming back for more! Working on getting your veggies in? No problem! Flavor and flair are created with a delicious balance of spices and feta cheese. You will need a large saute pan with a lid.
Recipe type: Side Dish, Vegetable
- ½ TB olive oil
- ½ cup Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, diced into ½” cubes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large frypan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in onion and garlic sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and onion is slightly translucent.
- Add in zucchini, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Add in diced tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes, uncovered. This will allow the liquid to cook off. If your dish seems watery, use this opportunity to drain the liquid off.
- Transfer zucchini-tomato mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with feta cheese or add feta to the pan and stir to combine (the first option makes for a more attractive presentation).
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.