You cross your fingers and whisper a quick, silent prayer as you set the plates in front of your kids.
“Please, just eat it,” you think, trying to pretend it’s no big deal. But if your kids are anything like mine, they turn up their noses at a plate of broccoli and grilled chicken.
Nope, they want meatloaf and potatoes, cheeseburgers and fries, or taco salad topped with cheese and sour cream.
Sighing, you mentally strike one more healthy recipe off of your meal rotation list. Then you give in and heat up a frozen pizza.
Now, you’re eating the chicken and broccoli alone while your family chows down on their favorite Italian treat.
It seems like your only choices are to either force your family to eat food they don’t like or cook two different meals every night. And neither is a good option.
Each one requires a lot of extra effort, and even extra money since you’re cooking extra food.
And let’s not even talk about the temptation! Who can resist that last bit of mac and cheese in the bottom of the pan or the last slice of stuffed-crust pizza?
Now, in addition to your healthier meal, you’re snacking on the leftovers from your family’s less-than-healthy one.
You try your best, you really do. But how do you eat healthy when your family doesn’t?
As moms who want to eat healthier, we want to raise our children to build healthy eating habits early in life. And it can be a real struggle to find the right balance of healthy foods and foods that everyone enjoys.
But I’ve got a few tips to share with you that can make it so much easier.
Imagine eating the same dinner as your family—a healthy one, at that—and everyone actually enjoying it! This isn’t a dream—it can be the reality in your house.
My tried-and-tested ideas are just what a busy mom needs to put a meal on the table that everyone (including you!) will love.
In “How to Eat Healthy When Your Family Doesn’t” we discuss:
- Why our families resist eating health
- How to prioritize your health while still enjoying your favorite foods
- Some simple swaps to make eating healthy with your family a reality
- Get your Overcoming Weight Loss Idols
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also love:
- Courses [A Chew the Word Study]
- Season 2 Episode 1: Meal Prep Tips You Need to Know
- Season 2 Episode 13: How to Stop Feeling Restricted Around Food
- Season 3 Episode 2: What to Do When People Irritate You into Overeating
Get a FREEBIE:
- Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Jumpstart
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.