You mean well.
You love your God-given gift of serving others. Helping someone who’s having a hard time, giving of your time and talents, and being a blessing to others is your jam. And you’re good at it.
But the enemy is tricky.
Just as he does with so many good things, he can find a way to use even this wonderful spiritual gift against you.
Instead of helping and giving purely from a heart of love and empathy, you find yourself fighting to earn the love and acceptance of others. Doing, trying, giving—hoping your efforts will bring you the approval of friends and family.
Sometimes you get so twisted up in this desire, you feel like you have to earn God’s love and acceptance too.
You want to honor Him in all you do, including your food choices. And because you’re doing it for Him, failure is not an option.
But you’re human so you mess up. And when you make mistakes, you’re tempted to believe He’s disappointed. That you need to try harder, do more, be better.
This attitude sends you into a spiral of guilt and shame that is not what your Heavenly Father wants for you.
Spoiler alert: no matter how much you try, you’ll never please all of the people in your life. You can’t have everyone’s approval all the time.
Thankfully, you don’t need to!
You only really need the approval of your Father, and He loves you just as you are right now—perfection not required.
Sis, don’t miss out on the life of freedom and joy He has for you!
Let’s talk about how you can turn this situation around and start pleasing God from the overflow of your heart, not from a place of shame.
In “How to be a God-Pleaser, With Grace!” we discuss:
- How giving God your heart changes the way you eat.
- The real struggle that’s happening (and it’s not with food!).
- Growing your relationship with the Lord, even through slips.
- 15 Tips from the Bible to Overcome Overeating Freebie
- For a deep dive, check out Grace Filled Plate Platinum and be sure to get on the waiting list
You may also love:
- Stories [A Chew the Word Study]
- Season 1 Episode 27: 3 Ways Childlike Faith Can Help You Lose Weight
- Season 1 Episode 30: When God is Your Weight-Loss Plan
- Season 1 Episode 44: Is This Your Thorn in the Flesh?
Get a FREEBIE:
Get your FREE Faith [is greater than] Food Email Course
Listen and +follow on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Enjoying the podcast? How ’bout a review? (pretty, please!) I’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more women with God’s message of food freedom!
Here’s how to leave a review:
- Search for “Grace Filled Food Freedom” in iTunes or click this link.
- Scroll down and click 5 stars.
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review.
- Press send.
- Give yourself a high-five for making a difference!
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Amazon #1 Best Selling Author, Homeschool Mom, Classical Conversations Tutor, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.